Bluetooth speakers are the perfect companions for picnics in the park, nights out by a bonfire and sunny days at the beach. They are also an excellent addition to your home for working in the garden or relaxing in the bath if you feel your phone’s speakers don’t just cut it. Because most of us cannot afford a new device for every occasion, we need one that can serve everything in between.
To make sure that you find the best gadget for your needs and lifestyle, I have carefully selected a wide variety of top-notch options – from dustproof and waterproof to smart. Now I appreciate that some of you are super busy and want a summarised recommendation so there you go:
- Best All-Around – Check on Amazon
- Best Value For Money – Check on Amazon
- Best Smart Speaker – Check on Amazon
Is your playlist ready? Your best Bluetooth audio device is only a click away.
Here’s my comprehensive list of top 10 best Bluetooth speakers under $100:
Introducing 10 Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $100:
1. JBL Flip 4 – Best All-AroundFor over 60 years, JBL as a brand has managed to deliver high-quality products that exemplify the expertise and technology gained through their leadership when it comes to professional sound reproduction. JBL has been synonymous with the naturally articulated and precise sound found in most of the prestigious locations in the world, including recording studios, cinemas, clubs, and live-music venues.
JBL Flip 4 is one of the firm’s best-selling products. It is the next generation of the Flip series. I was stunned by the powerful stereo sound that this model delivers. A 3000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery offering 12 hours of high-quality and continuous audio playtime powers this particular model. It sports a waterproof and durable material that is available in six vibrant colors. Whether it is sunny or raining, you can trust the JBL Flip 4.
For clear conference calls, this product has an in-built echo and noise cancelling speakerphone. With its JBL Connect + technology, you can wirelessly link over 100 JBL Connect + enabled speakers for a more amplified listening experience. By the mere pressing of a button, it’s possible to activate and then talk to Google Now or Siri.
Courtesy of wireless Bluetooth streaming, it’s possible to connect wirelessly two tablets or smartphones to the speaker meaning that you can take turns in terms of playing impressive stereo sound. With the JBL bass radiator, you can hear, feel, and see the bass. Its dual external passive radiators are a clear demonstration of just how powerful this device is.
It is available in squad, grey, teal, red, blue, and black colors.
2. Anker Portable – Best Bang For Your BuckWith this model, Anker’s aim was to keep things as simple as possible. The design is minimal and straightforward. This model is not flashy at all. While that is the case, I do not find it ugly at all.
This small black rectangular gadget is made of plastic all around. However, a grille – which features the Anker name inscribed on it – covers its front. I didn’t find the soft plastic to be a fingerprint magnet per se but you will certainly need to wipe it down occasionally if you desire to maintain the fresh look. The buttons on top blend exceptionally well to the smooth plastic. My issue with its design has to do with tiny LED light at the front. When pairing, it flashes blue and remains the same when connected. The small light turns red when the battery is low. I found the light to be slightly off center due to driver placement inside the grille.
When it comes to connectivity, I think it was above average for devices in its price range. Its Bluetooth works within a range of roughly 60 feet. I noticed that when I got to the fringes of approximately 40 feet, it starts to skip and stutter especially if there are walls. However, if there are not any walls, the Bluetooth connection holds strong. Pausing and playing music as well as controlling volume from the gadget is a walk in the park. If your source is not Bluetooth compatible, there is an AUX input by the unit’s side.
One area that I impressed me with the SoundCore is its battery life. It’s not an exaggeration. In all my testing, I wasn’t able to deplete the 24 hours that Anker claims the product offers. If you have been searching for a device that does not require constant charging, then this is the best choice.
3. Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 – Best Smart SpeakerThe new Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 was created mainly to fix the flaws of its predecessor. It comes with improved hardware and software. The design of this one is the same as that of its predecessor. It has a 360-speaker grille that is divided by a rubber strip that runs up its long side as well as along the bottom and top faces. The gadget’s power controls and physical volume are housed in the band.
I must admit I loved the fact that it is built to the IPX7-certification standards. What does this mean? It simply means that on paper, it can survive submersions in bathtubs, pints, ponds, lakes and puddles up to a depth of one meter for 30 minutes. Following my 15 minutes of drowning my UE Boom 2 in the kitchen sink, I was able to verify that indeed it can survive submersions in water.
When it comes to sound, the creators of this unit tried their best to improve audio quality. It features a ‘’360 degree’’ audio that plays a premium sound even at maximum volume. Its loudness is a double-edged sword. By Bluetooth speaker standards, its sound quality is impressive. Bass levels are not only solid, but they also pack a suitable punch. The UE Boom app is handy when you feel that your bass levels are starting to drown out of the mid-range. The app, which is available on Android and iOS, provides an array of services. At its basic level, you’re able to skip tracks and control speaker volume.
For the unit’s audio settings, full controls are available meaning you can reduce its bass manually or even boost its treble. To me, these settings are a godsend.
Get this product in any of the vibrant color options available. In my opinion, the yellow, blue and green are attractive.
4. AOMAIS GOA major strength of the AOMAIS GO device is sound. I’ve never come across a speaker that produces such big sound performance. Its two huge bass radiators and a full range of drivers inform its prowess when it comes to premium sound production. I think that in terms of sound, this device produces triple the volume of the normal portable speakers available in the market. Therefore, if you have been looking for a Bluetooth with an impressive sound capability, then I would highly recommend this one as the first choice.
Another area I must give kudos to the manufacturer of this gadget is its battery. It boasts the ability to last for over 8 hours of continuous use with a playing time of roughly 60% volume all thanks to a battery with an amazing 7200 mAh capacity. The unit’s power is so much that you can use as a charger to your mobile gadget via its micro USB port.
This model is IPX7 waterproof. Actually, it boasts top-level waterproof ability meaning it can withstand immersion of 33 feet for around 30 minutes. In addition to being waterproof, it is also mud proof, snow proof, and dustproof. You can confidently take yours to the backyard, pool, beach, camping, hiking, boat, or even hiking. With its sporty looks, summer holidays have never felt the same.
Enjoy rich clear sounds that fill your indoors and outdoors. Effortlessly connect the gadget with your playlist to listen to the continuous premium sound for any occasion. With Bluetooth 4.2, connecting cellphones and tablets is a snap. It works incredibly well with HTC, Samsung, iPad, and iPhones. Wired connection is also possible with non-Bluetooth devices through a 3.5mm audio jack.
You can the AOMAIS Go for your hands-free calling.
5. AOMAIS Sport IIWith over 20 years of experience in manufacturing Bluetooth speakers, AOMAIS main objective is to deliver nothing short of the highest quality devices to their customers. The company strives for continuous enhancements on their units that have always exceeded user’s expectations.
The AOMAIS Sport II Wireless is a highly compact model that delivers room-filling, rich, and clear sound like you have never enjoyed before. With its certified IPX7 waterproof rating, listening to music is easy on both outdoors and indoors. You can go to any water-related activities without having to worry about anything.
Enjoy superior sound courtesy of its dual full-range drivers. The 20 W full-bodied stereo sound ensures you enjoy powerful volume and improved bass. Experience less than 1% complete harmonic distortion that ensures improved fidelity and clarity.
Bluetooth V4.0 offers a stable connection range that extends up to 100ft. There’s an in-built mic that is handy for hands-free calling.
I liked this gadget because I could connect easily with Alexa. It works perfectly with Amazon Echo Dot. You can amplify everything from Alexa. On top of that, a 3.5mm AUX cable enables you to connect it to your non-Bluetooth gadgets.
Finally, yet importantly, I liked the durable and tough design of this unit. In fact, I believe it is one of the sturdiest speakers in the market today. Its resiliency is such that even if a car goes over it, it can’t suffer from any damage. Most certainly, it is the ideal choice to take with you to your next big adventure.
6. WONDERBOOMThe WONDERBOOM Waterproof device packs a loud punch inside a small rugged body. With this gadget, you can certainly listen to your music like you’ve never done before. It is your go-to accessory for conjuring enjoying the magic from any kind of music. Experience 360* sound that’s beautiful, bright and with balanced bass.
In terms of being waterproof, it is the greatest thing for bathing since bubbles & duckies. Yes, it is completely waterproof which is not always common among bluetooth speakers under $100. The WonderBoom is amazing for rainy days, muddy fields, beaches, pools, and even showers. In case it gets dirty, all you need to do is just rinse it off.
From picnics inside the park to binge-watching favorite shows, this device has it all to give you more than 10 hours of non-stop musical ecstasy.
Effortless play, pause and skip. Easily control what you’re listening to right from your gadget. By pressing the button at the top, playing, pausing, and skipping your audio files is stress-free. This model indeed sounds great. However, to enjoy double the fun, how about you listen to them together!
The WonderBoom is virtually indestructible. I drop proof tested it from up to 5ft and verified this feature. It is loaded with a hanging loop at the top meaning you can attach it to any backpack, bicycle, bag or even cannonball into a cove. In terms of wireless capabilities, it’s possible to pair 8 Bluetooth enabled devices. You can connect two of them simultaneously. Wirelessly stream or play to two WonderBoom from a single source.
Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery can sort you for 10 hours. Charge time is 2.8 hours.
For its size, the durable and pocket-friendly UE WonderBoom is among the best, fullest sounding mini portable audio devices you can purchase today.
7. Vtin 20WVTIN was founded in 2012. The company supplies consumer electronic products. It specializes in Bluetooth speakers.
The Vtin 20W is a waterproof and dustproof portable Bluetooth audio device that features 30 hours long lasting playtime and 20Watts loud stereo sound all tailored to meet your traveling needs. With this gadget, you no longer have to lose your music in the background.
As mentioned earlier, this particular model brings with it 20W powerful speakers with the ability to deliver a clear and crisp sound with impressive volume coupled with improved bass. It can transmit audio up to 2000sq.ft. With its 4400mAh battery, you can listen to music all day/night long (up to 30 hours playtime).
Another impressive highlight of this product is that it’s possible to connect it with Alexa-enabled devices. It’s also compatible with computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, Mac, iPod, iPad, Android, and iPhone.
The fact that it is waterproof means you can effortlessly use it outdoors without having to worry about the rain, splashing, or water. However, note that you can submerge it underwater. Its rugged metal shell has the capability to resist hard impact thus making it perfect for outdoor activities such as travelling, riding, hiking and climbing.
It has an in-built mic that makes hands-free calling a walk in the park. All you need to do is press the play/pause button to answer your calls.
8. JBL Clip 3The JBL Clip 3 Portable Speaker brings with it some huge design modifications that significantly distinguish it from the Clip 2, its predecessor. Not only does it feature an improved battery life, according to JBL, but it is more durable and has better sound.
It is a unique waterproof, ultra-rugged, and portable gadget that is small but that boasts surprisingly big sound. It has fully integrated carabiner that clips to your backpack, belt loop, and clothes thus making it your ideal companion on every outdoor adventure. Bring music with you courtesy of its 1000mAh rechargeable battery.
Enjoy crystal clear calls through the product’s echo and noise-cancelling speakerphone. It has a durable, and improved fabric material as well as rugged rubber housing that protects your device against harsh weather elements.
Choose from a brilliant array of colors – white, pink, gray, green, blue, black and ‘’sand.’’
Its integrated carabiner comes costs the same amount as the integrated 3.5mm cord of Clip 2. The cord fits perfectly into the slot at the bottom and around the perimeter. That being said, it is important to note that the Clip 3 features a 3.5 mm input that’s next to its charging port meaning it can work perfectly with wired audio sources. All you need to do is supply the cable.
I noticed that its sound not only sounds a little fuller with some slightly better bass, it also plays louder.
Here is a full JBL Clip 3 review I did the other day.
9. Anker SoundCore BoostRelatively small in stature, the Anker SoundCore Boost product delivers more thump than anyone can ever imagine. This little box is capable of giving you impressive sound than even the largest units cannot muster. In terms of design, the SoundCore Boost is basically a black rectangular box featuring rounded corners. It weighs slightly over 20 ounces.
It has a captive rubber plug that is firmly attached and hides a full-sized USB port to enable your charge your devices. There’s a micro-USB port for charging your speaker as well as a stereo aux input. I must admit that it feels very solid.
Five buttons at the top control this gadget. With the controls, you can answer, reject, switch, and end calls on your paired smartphone. What about performance? Overall, its sound is incredible for its class. However, I found that the upper mics are somewhat stunted. They also tend to be muddled at higher volumes.
Because it is directional, angle and placement are a crucial factor if you desire the best results. The fact that it is rear-firing and front-firing means that it depends on its surroundings big time. frequency-wise, there is plenty of thump every time you press the gadget’s UP bass-boost button. While I didn’t like that much for the choice of a big party, I established a great balance to my liking.
10. Vanzon X5 ProVanzon is a company that boasts a global presence. The Vanzon X5 Pro give a clearer and rich listening experience. Enjoy waterproof design and all-day play that is convenient for your adventure or travel. Its dual full-range drivers usually produce an all-around and clear sound with improved bass. The listening experience was pleasant for me.
Because it is IPX7 rated, it means that it brings with a waterproof design that’s perfect for outdoor or indoor activities. Just hang on your backpack and have fun listening to your most preferred tunes wherever you are on the move. It has a quick wireless connect. The speakers not only features a strengthened connection, but its Bluetooth ability can reach up to 66 feet wireless range.
You no longer have to worry about a device but poor battery life. It has a 3600mAh battery that’s efficient to allow play throughout the day after just one charge. I loved its convenient and sleek appearance.
I liked the fact that it played clear and loud sound meaning it’s a great choice when partying, dancing, or even exercising.
Final Words On The Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $100
Today, there are countless bluetooth speakers under $100 with the latest tech and great designs. Figuring out which one meets your needs can be tricky. When in the market for one, ultimate durability should be your number one consideration. Secondly, you must make sure that your choice is waterproof and weatherproof. Are you a party person? If yes, then you need to settle for a model that can connect two speakers simultaneously. If it comes with multi-pairing feature, you can certainly connect it with several devices at a go.
Because modern conveniences are becoming more prevalent, having a speaker with Bluetooth capabilities is definitely a good thing. If you are looking for the best one, choose from any of the above ten ones. You’ll definitely not regret it.
Other comparisons and reviews to check out: